Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bell Bottoms Are Baaaaack...

Who knew, right?

And yesterday I bought some....

Bell bottoms

Ok. Not those.  (Wow. Just. Wow.)

These are way better....




I had no idea these bad boys were The Thing for Fall. I just happened to stumble across a pair in Old Navy and Fell in Love with Them.....even though I feel like I should be waiting to go on stage at the Sonny and Cher show. Should I buy a leather fringe vest? Mmmm, maybe not. (FYI, Old Navy calls these flares, but I think they're bell bottoms at heart.)

And then last night I did a bit of poking around on the internet. What shoes look best with bell bottoms? Yeah. I don't know. And learned bell bottoms are Hot and Cool.

I'm not sure what to think about that.  Usually I like to steer clear of whatever anyone says is Hot and/or Cool.

But I'm a bit of a retro bohemian kind of girl. And what's a non-conformist supposed to do when their non-conformiting (I know. It's not a word. I don't care....see? I don't even conform to dictionaries) aligns with trends? *sigh* I know. I've got major problems over here.

But the up side is they pair I fit in were two sizes smaller than what I thought I'd need. Two Sizes, People! So, I celebrate by enjoying copious amounts of breadsticks and Chicken Parmigiana at Olive Garden. Yum. The shopping trip was kind of a birthday gift from my mom. When she asked what I wanted this year, I told her I wanted to come to St. George and hang out with her, go shopping and have lunch. And Ryan gave me a whole tone of money for my "shopping spree". But I couldn't spend it all! Ack! It's too hard to spend money on myself. I like it at first and then I start to feel guilty. I'll have to save the rest of the cash for my trip to LA.

And I'm still not sure what shoes to wear with 'em. Either something with a good heel on it or I've got to hem them. Blech. Down with hemming. Better find some heels.

I had super fun with my cute mom. We had a great time talking and laughing and taking Zoe to the bathroom . I think that little girl had to go at every facility at each stop.


I'm not sure what look Zoe is going for in this photo. And Molly looks to be eyeing something. Oh....I think it's the Ande mint nearby. Yeah, I don't blame her. I love those things.


My mom is truly the best. I wish I could back in time and give my teenage self some advice.  This is what I'd say....

"Stop being a brat (that's a good opening, right?). Someday your mom is going to be one of your very best friends. And you're going to wish you enjoyed living with her and seeing her every day more. So, get over the dumb stuff. Stop expecting her to buy you everything. Learn how to talk to her and not be moody. And just love her. She is an amazing wonderful mom." 

Hmmmm, if only.  Luckily she's forgiven me for the stinky teenager I was. I've apologized a lot. A Lot.

So, what would you wear with bell bottoms? And what do you like to order at Olive Garden?  

4 comments:

  1. Amen to the mom thing - I guess you it helps to have been a mom to truly appreciate one. That's sad. Sounds like a wonderful play day.

    Go with the heels, for sure. Are you going to wear it Saturday or go for total comfy? I'm hoping to snag something new to wear on the trip down. Fun, fun!

    I like the venetian apricot chicken with asparagus. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had fun and bought yourself some stuff. And even better that it was 2 sizes smaller! Good choice on Olive Garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought those bell bottoms!! And No, Old Navy, those are not "flares"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do people come back and check the comments when they've asked a question? Hmmmm...I don't know. But, Colleen....I don't know what I'm wearing. Something cute? But comfortable....like sweatpants? heh......not really.

    ReplyDelete