Monday, July 30, 2012

I Ran Away

I decided to run away last Saturday. And my Handsome Cowboy came home from fighting a fire so I could.

First things first, I made a chore list for everyone...


My next step was to grab some snacks. Must have good brain food!


Ack! I wanted to get to the library by 9! I am late for everything. Even running away!


You can't tell in this picture, but the van behind me has the word GOLD across the hood. This is definitely a good omen, right? As I head off to work on my novel, I'm followed by riches. 


The Library in the Park. Mmmmmm, I love my library.



I reserved the study room until 5. Ah, hello there heaven.


Got everything I need. Laptop, notebook, water, snacks, chapstick and the absolutely necessary pair of ear plugs. They're great for blocking out the all nose sniffing, coughing, "Hey! Look at this book/movie/magazine/" comments and any murmuring or chatting. Silence is so lovely.



Lunch break! A Tuscan Chicken Panini from Great Harvest.  



I'd wanted to revise 6 chapters. Because I'm crazy and think I can accomplish Wonder Woman type feats. Instead I revised 30 pages. Not too shabby. 

Although, now I'm completely stuck on a scene. 

I think I need to run away again...


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful progress!!! The day sounded fantastic, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so impressed. And inspired. I SO need to run away! My book is constantly calling my name and I just keep telling it "not now, not now."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know I'm not the only one who takes retreats to the library. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I'm envious, I admit it. Quiet? All day, with no interruptions? Grilled panini?


    I'm drooling!

    ReplyDelete