Friday, October 14, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Today I am...

*Making treats for the Big Workshop tomorrow.

*Laughing at my silly girls.

*Thinking about ugly curtains, weird fabric combos, obsessive tendencies and how to hook readers as I polish up my first 10 pages for the workshop. Ack....why am I such a procrastinator?

*Hoping the no-bake cookies (we call them Haystacks) Weston made for his presentation about Washington county today are ok. They were a bit gooey. Did he add too much milk? Not enough oatmeal? I'm not sure....

*Hoping to squeeze time in somewhere to work on Chapter 2 since I'm on Rewrite #3 of Jasper and trying to stick with My Crazy Goals. I'm jotting down notes like crazy. Jasper is almost always on my mind these days. It's like a giant puzzle that is always in front of me, begging to be finished. But as soon as I find one piece I see I've lost twenty others....

*Being glad I managed to get Emmett and Sam's Reflection Literature entries ready (finally!) this morning in time for them to get their names in for the drawing. Next week we need to get their art entries done.

*Trying to get everything done so I can have a Wii tournament with my handsome cowboy tonight. I've been out with girlfriends for the last two nights (went to see a Shakespeare play one night and had my writing group, Pub Club last night). And I miss him.

*Being grateful for Lana and Em. This month marks the Pub Club's 1-Year Anniversary. We can't believe it's been that long! But, boy, we can sure see how we've each grown as writers. I love those girls and we have the best times together.

*Doing laundry. Blech. Laundry. But I like it better than dishes.  Oh yeah, the dishes....

*Noticing the pile of half-made leggings for my girls. Hopefully I'll get them done before they outgrow them.

*Loving this video...





*Wishing I managed my time better and didn't surf YouTube for Muppet videos. Wait. No, I take that back. The Muppets are awesome.  I wish they'd bring back The Muppet Show. The Muppets are never a waste of time. Right? 

8 comments:

  1. I am sure the last time I went to the movies there was a trailer for a new muppet movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's right! I've heard something about that. I will definitely go to see that in the theater. I love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you to know I think you are an amazing mom, daughter, wife, and example. You are so talented and do so much! I love reading your blog. You always make me smile! Thanks for sharing your life with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video was funny, and you're right, The Muppets are never a waste of time!

    Good luck getting all your stuff done. I hope you have a FABULOUS time at your conference tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really really great! Everyone seemed to have a great experience. Yep, it was great (have I used that word too much?) I'll have to do a post about it....after I've regained some of my energy. I'm pooped! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S.....Lesa, thanks! That was sweet of you and it made my day. It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself! It's sad just how much I love it when people comment....

    And Mellissa, I'm glad you agree with my Muppet Love. It was FABULOUS. And you were right. Tasha and I SHOULD be best friends. She's so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're making time for you and your cowboy. I love the time I get to spend with Jared after the kids go to bed (and any other time really). I'm glad Saturday went good for you. I had to laugh Friday at the store - I called your name and you didn't hear me but your boys did. They recognized me and were trying to get your attention. So cute! Watching them made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete