Tuesday, February 5, 2013

hello.

Hello writing blog.

Hello writing friends.

Hello random people who have found my blog by googling something interesting like "beginning of summer hair cut" or "how to make an African drum home" and will soon click away because you have found neither answers to those questions.

I've been slightly (really) absent from this blog and also my writing for months. Wow....months. I think this picture will explain why...




So, what's been my deal? Why haven't I been writing and blogging about writing and checking out my writing friend's blogs?

I don't know.

I'm weird.

Or maybe it's...

The pregnancy hormones?

Because I've been feeling ill?

Or my pregnancy brain has eaten my writing brain (as Mette Ivie Harrison suggested)?

It may that I've been deep in a writing muddle?

Who knows, but I haven't wanted to write for a long time. I haven't even wanted to read or even think about writing! Which is so weird and I can't remember that ever happening to me. Because in the past, even when I've had a new baby to feed every two hours and I feel like a zombie with really bad hair, I still thought about my WIP and day dreamed where the story was going to go or had other story ideas running through my head whenever I had a few moments of quiet, like when I ran away and locked myself in the bathroom.

Lately, however, I haven't wanted anything to do with it. But I still had all sorts of creativity wanting to get out, so I started a crafting blog, Hazel & Company. And that's been fun and all. I like sewing and making fun things for my kids.

BUT

I miss writing. And I think my desire to get back into my novel is coming back. I don't want to rush it though. I'm just taking it easy. Letting myself ease back into the writing, sneak up on it like a scared rabbit.....which I don't know why you'd want to do unless you're planning on hurting the poor thing which is NOT what I'm planning on doing to my novel! Sheesh. This analogy is quickly crumbling.

Ok.

I need a nap.




7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Also, Congrats on your big purchase. I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your exciting news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's excellent news! I hope you're feeling well and getting plenty of rest! Welcome back to the writing blog. Take your time, and enjoy it when you can! So excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would sneak up on a scared rabbit to give him a celery stick. But that's just me. :) I echo the others in congratulations... good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been there, too. You're funny even when you're sleep deprived -- and that makes me very jealous, because when I'm sleep deprived, I'm just stupidly silent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, I am THRILLED for you! We just had a baby boy 2 months ago (12/12/12)(that's #6 for us)and it has swerved my course just a bit too. It's okay to focus a different direction for good perspective. You have a lot on your plate my dear. When are you due and do you know gender? I miss hanging out with you and your laugh. Take care of you and your baby.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete