Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Remember to have fun!


I think as writers we often become consumed by word counts, finding an agent, crafting the perfect query letter, building a following for our blog, getting submissions out, trying to write for a specific amount of time or write a certain number of pages.

But maybe we should spend more time writing like the Swedish Chef cooks. Go Crazy!  (I don't think I'll ever stop quoting Patti Gauch :) Go Wild! Remember to have fun with the world you're creating. 



Just don't surrender or give up at the end. 

4 comments:

  1. wish I had that much fun cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the reasons I love signing up for blogfests is because it helps me remember the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Amen, Amen. I made the mistake of taking it all a little too seriously several years ago, completely burned myself out, and then didn't write a word for three years. Never again! :) I write because I love it, and I want to always love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting! It gave Riley and me a good giggle! I think people forget to have fun way too often. There's a time to be serious, but it doesn't come around as often as people think! And thanks, I will go wild and crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete