Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Name Game

Does anyone else like to brainstorm title ideas?

When I can't sleep, this is one of my very favorite things to do. Or when I'm procrastinating the writing I don't want to do.  Or sometimes people around me say certain phrases or words that my brain latches on to and I think to myself...."Ooooooh! Great title idea!" 


I like to try to come up with titles that if I happened across them on the bookstore or library shelf, I'd have to pick them up and find out what they were all about.
Also, sometimes I like to come up with character's names. That can be fun. Especially since I write mostly middle grade novels and the names of characters in these books are often quirky. 

The title of the book I'm working on now actually started out as a title. I love the title. Really really love it. But originally that's all it was. A cool title (well...at least to me!). And then I started asking myself what would happen in a story with that title. If I picked it up off the shelf, what world would it transport me to? 

It's still a very big Work In Progress (It's a bloody mess). But it's getting there (Maybe I'll be done with it by next year? Or 2034?). And most of the time I'm having such a great time with it (Especially with a bucket ofHalloween candy by my side as bribery)

What about you? Do you have any writing games you like to play? Do tell! It's just what I need. Something else shiny to distract me....


Cute and Quirky Sundi
Yep, I've changed my vote to #1.
It was hard for me to choose.
I'm very indecisive.
But after much worry and stress I finally
made a choice. Wooh. Glad that's over...


    And on a completely unrelated note (but random is how I roll)          
    my sweet friend Sundi over at The Life of a Cheap Chickadee     
    is having a giveaway.

    Head on over to check out her cute blog, help her 
    pick a picture of herself and see what you can win!     

1 comment: