Friday, September 30, 2011

I Hate Washing my Hair...plus who wants a $500 Target gift card?

This post brought to you by TRESemmé. All opinions are 100% mine.

I have a confession.

I don't like washing my hair. And I only do it a few times a week. Yep. That's right. I'm usually walking around town with (no. don't say it)...... Dirty Hair! (eeek!)

Also, randomly, I signed up for a company called Social Spark. Basically, they pay you to blog about stuff.  Some stuff I think, "Um...no. I'm not going to blog about that. Because...er...that's weird."

But the other day something popped up that I was actually interested in.  Alright, let me slip on my commercial voice.  I'll be right back....

*Some obnoxious throat clearing*

Introducing TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo

Ok. Wait. What? Seriously?


There's a DRY shampoo? I mean, really?

So, apparently there are even options here! FOUR different kinds...


*Strengthening Dry Shampoo: The formula, with B12 vitamins and keratin, helps strengthen hair and leaves it full of healthy body.
* Volumizing Dry Shampoo: The formula, with mineral clay and citrus, removes oil while injecting hair with salon-gorgeous volume.
*Smoothing Dry Shampoo: The formula, with Vitamin H & Silk Proteins, refreshes your straight style by removing excess oil, impurities and odor to ensure your smooth look lasts.
*Moisturizing Waterless Foam Shampoo: The formula, with Witch Hazel, Citrus, and Aloe Vera, refreshes your hair by removing excess oil, impurities and odor while moisturizing hair
Alright, I think I'll take the Volumizing Dry Shampoo. Stat. Or mabye the Moisturizing stuff. No one wants stinky hair, eh?


I seriously love this idea of washing my hair less but using a dry shampoo to keep my hair looking good. And it's made to absorb oil (ack! greasy hair? ick, right?) and get rid of smelly hair? I need this for the day after cook-outs. Don't get me wrong, I love a good hot dog roast, but I don't want to keep smelling it! And these shampoos are even all citrusy. I love citrus smells. Mmmmm.  Yes. Fruity citrus is much preferrable to wood smoke.

Okie dokie, so if like me, you think this stuff sounds like pure Genius in a Bottle, here are some tips on how to use it...
- Shake vigorously before use and in between spray bursts for best results.
 - Lift sections of dry hair and spray lightly at roots
- Spray in short bursts, holding 8-12 inches from head
- Don’t spray it like hair spray (all over and continuously)
- Leave in for 1-2 minutes.
- Use fingertips or a brush to distribute product evenly
- If clogging occurs, remove nozzle and rinse the nozzle under warm water, then reattach.
Alright, one last thing and then I'll let you run out and buy yourself some dry shampoo....
If you want to see this stuff in action (and who doesn't?) you can watch super cute and funny celeb Julia Allison's tutorial on how to use TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo properly... 


Oh, and were you wondering about that $500 gift card I mentioned? Well, it's a good thing you stuck around for this honkin' long post! Julia Allison is also giving away a $500 gift card to Target to a lucky viewer...so check out that video and enter to win! (And then take me with you and buy me stuff....like some of this dry shampoo! :) 
Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment