Friday, August 5, 2011

The Land of Random: The Skunk Ape

My dad sent me an interesting newspaper article. 

About the Skunk Ape. 

Yep, you heard me right.  Apparently there is a legendary creature in the southern Florida swamps called the Skunk Ape which is a reddish yeti-like creature with a bit of an odor problem (this is what happens when you bed down in sulphur-rich alligator den...yep, I studied up.  I'm nothing if not thorough).

And apparently there is even a Skunk Ape Research Headquarters (otherwise known as a Tourist Trap).  Wow, right?  And to think I lived there for years and never got the chance to catch a sighting of this fabulous animal.  What a waste!

I'm sure you are now completely fascinated with this little known creature, as am I. And because I love my readers so very much, I would like to share with you this video I found of The Skunk Ape (a.k.a A Man in a Gorilla Costume)....



Please, excuse me.  I will now be very busy.  No, I'm not going on a Skunk Ape hunt.

I'll be giggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment