Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Welcome to the Land of Random. You never know what you'll see out the window...

#1: I love the song New Soul by Yael Naim. Twice when I went into the Great Harvest bakery it was blasting over the sound system and I just felt like grooving around the bread shelves to the happy and fun tune. I found out the name of the artist and now I can groove around the kitchen table to it.

#2: We have high-speed internet. Finally. Yes, we've been living with dial-up internet for a looooong time. We just might upgrade to indoor plumbing next week.

#3: I should be working on Jasper. But I'm blogging. Uck. Blogs are such a distraction. So is peanut butter.

#4: I just finished reading Matched by Ally Condie. Wow. Wow. Wow. Brilliant and fun and such a fascinating world.

#5: I made a really really cute hair thingy the other day with some wide vintage looking creamish lace. I LOVE it and I wore it on a necklace the other day. No one seemed to notice how cool it was. What's wrong with you people?!  :)

#6: We took our kids to McDonald's last night to celebrate how well they're all doing in school. We've had parent/teacher conferences this week. 

#7: We bought A LOT of books at the book fairs. A LOT. I love it. I feel rich.

#8: I need to name and design some unusual cities in my WIP.  Fun, right? And I need to create a whole magical government and culture. Easy peasy. I wish.

#9: I've been trying to sell some craft ideas to Family Fun Magazine. I already subbed a couple ideas and I'm working on another one involving toilet paper tubes. I just need to get the pics done and write up the instructions. Another novel-writing distraction? Kind of. But Family Fun pays well and it would be nice to see a little green coming in with my writing. Instead of me just plunking away on the laptop night after night. Everyone likes a bit of validation, right?

#10: We took the kids to see a womens gymnastics meet at the college the other night. Wow! Those girls were amazing! I was so impressed with their dedication to the sport. Made me think of writing. And how I need to be more dedicated. And also...I'm really glad writing doesn't involve something like a floor excercise where I have to do flips in front of judges.  But speaking of writing....I better get back to Jasper....

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked Matched. I enjoyed it quite a bit myself. I can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete