Thursday, March 17, 2011

i love buying new books and old books and used books and...

I found out yesterday that before I head up north to the Advanced Writing Workshop I'm going to next weekend I need to read this book....

The Shadows (The Books of Elsewhere, Vol. 1)

Oh. Shucks. An excuse to buy a new book. *big grin*

Jessica Garrison, the editor from Dial is going to be doing a presentation about the changes that were made to the book between when she accepted it and it became this lovely thing we can snag off the shelves. Sounds super interesting, right? I'm really excited.

And then since I *had* to order $25 worth of books to get free shipping from Amazon, I also ordered this bit of fun...

Wee Wonderfuls: 24 Dolls to Sew and Love

I love making stuffies. And now that I have two girls, well, I should really be cranking out the soft dolls, right? They are quite fun to make and usually I make my own patterns but this can be time-consuming (and time wasting when the pattern is a gooby mess and I have to start over). So, I'm going to be kind to myself and try out some patterns which have already been made (and aren't potentially wonky...like mine.)

1 comment:

  1. I love hate that whole buy $25 to get free shipping because I always end up buying more than I intended, but they have everything so I get stuff I want. Darn tricky promotions!

    Have a blast at your writing workshop. I'd love to go to one one day, but then I'd have to actually sit down and write again. ;)

    ReplyDelete